Did you know that there is a federal Fund that compensates those who suffer damages caused by any type of oil, from any type of ship or boat, anywhere in Canadian waters?
Over the past 30 years, however, all involved in the fishing sectors, from catch or harvest to consumption or use have been missing out! The Ship-source Oil Pollution Fund (the Fund) has seen very few claims from the fishing sectors:
- less than 1% of total compensation paid from the Fund.
This webinar will cover new tools designed to help navigate through the claims process for all those engaged in any of the following activities (commercially or non-commercially):
- Aquaculture and Mariculture
- Hunting of animals
- Processing, preparation, packaging, and distribution
- Tourism and hospitality
- Management of ports, harbours, or marinas
- Subsistence living
We will answer any questions you may have on:
- What types of damages does the Fund cover? From which types of vessels?
- Who can receive compensation?
- How does the claims and compensation process work?
- Who pays for a ship-source oil spill?